Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Gained 1.5 pounds in two weeks. Time to begin this thing.

The concept of a diet blog was a great idea.  Unfortunately, the springtime presented a few challenges that caused a fair bit of stress for my family and myself.  The result of that was stress eating, which never bodes well for one's body - health and appearance.  In addition to that, aging (at least that's what I blame) is also taking its toll... different tendons, it seems, take turns in getting inflamed.  I am currently taking a hiatus from my usual minimum 4-hour per week work out plan to nurse a tennis elbow that has been annoying me off and on since July.  Pretty pathetic, I know.  That, coupled with my unhealthy eating, has certainly not been good for the waistline.  And so, I think it is time to put my foot down and begin a journey towards a healthier lifestyle.  Again.  

Yesterday, we had Weiner Schnitzel with mashed taters and creamy dill mushrooms.  That was definitely tasty, but definitely does not fall within the "healthy" category.  

Tonight, guilt (and part desperation) has convinced me to cook something healthy for dinner.  Baby steps, right?

I'll put the recipe in the next entry so you don't have to read this if you're just here for the food.


NOTE:  I plan on putting in a lot of detail in the recipes to follow, so to serve somewhat as my "lab book" of the meals we have made.  It is much easier to recapitulate a recipe (or an experiment, for that matter) with less starting variabilty.  So no, I am not endorsed by the brands I post... it's just so that duplicating the results will be easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment